Hi, friends! Today I just have a fun little challenge that I wanted to do because I’ve been seeing the companion tag “do I have that other book? challenge” floating around. This is the first tag, created by Tabby @ Keeping Tabs on youtube!
I’ve been feeling a little uninspired with blogging because I’m really busy with school at the moment, so I thought a tag/ challenge would be a fun thing to do!
- Do you have a book with deckled edges?
Yes! The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi! I knew this answer right away because I just reread this book last week or so (and you should absolutely go check it out if you haven’t read it!!)
- Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
Also yes! The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I almost gave up on this question, and I can’t believe I didn’t think of this one faster!
- Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Good question, do I? I’m sure I’ve read one, but I couldn’t think of one while looking at my shelves, so I guess not!
- Do you have a book with a title 10 characters long?
Yes! Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan, which I definitely need to read!
- Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
I ALMOST gave up on this one, but then I found Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson on my shelves!
- Do you have a mass market paperback?
Yes! I have several of my dad’s old copies of Stephen King books, and a bunch of them are mass market paperbacks! I prefer not to buy mass market, but I do have some.
- Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Another one I was very close to giving up on, but V.E. Schwab counts! This is the pen name for her adult works.
- Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
Yes! Other than H*rry P*tter, the only book I have that fits this is The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand.
- Do you have a book with two maps in it?
Yes! I was surprised to get this with the first book I picked up, which was Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty.
- Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
Probably an unoriginal answer, but yes: Game of Thrones! I don’t particularly like the books or the TV series, but I do have them (another set of mass market paperbacks from my dad!)
- Do you have a book written by someone who was originally famous for something else? i.e. celebrity, athlete, politician, etc.
Yep! I have Becoming by Michelle Obama, who was originally famous for being the 44th First Lady of the United States.
- Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
I HUNTED for a book with a clock on the cover, but only Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare has a clock. I’m sure this is another popular answer, lol.
- Do you have a poetry book?
Yes! The only poetry book I own a physical copy of is Goddess of the Hunt by Shelby Eileen. I definitely hope to grow my collection of poetry books in the future!
- Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Yes! My copy of Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert has the Stonewall Book Award on the cover!
- Do you have a book written by an author who has the same initials as you?
Nope! A few close ones, but no book with the initials K.M.
- Do you have a book of short stories?
The only anthology collections I own a physical copy of would be from the Shadowhunter world, including Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy.
- Do you have a book that is between 500 and 510 pages long?
Yes! My copy of Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab is exactly 510 pages.
- Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Yes! Several, actually, but the first one I thought of was The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan.
- Do you have a graphic novel?
Yes! The only one I own is Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu, which I absolutely adore.
- Do you have a book written by two or more authors?
Yep! You Know Me Well by Nina Lacour & David Levithan!
And that’s it! I didn’t time myself or anything, but I think 18/20 is a pretty good score! Let me know if you have done this challenge/ what your score was 🙂
As always, thanks for reading! Until next time,